Thursday, May 16, 2013

An Audience of One


"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."  1 Corinthians 2:14

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."  Romans 12:2

"Do not love the world or anything in the world.  If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them."  1 John 2:15

The world is an audience of many.  But God is an Audience of One.  The world offers problems and stress.  God offers peace and rest.  He deserves our best focus and attention.  Pray this prayer today:

"Lord, help me today to focus on Kingdom things, not worldly things.  Help me not to be jealous or bitter.  Help me not to be foolish and unwise.  God, I know you have good plans for me and I thank you that when I walk along your path, good things are coming my way.  Thank you for your grace and your friendship, and help me be a light for others.  I know the world is not as you intended it to be, but I also know that in your strength, I can help make a difference - in my home, in our church, at work and in our community.  My heart is open and I am willing; please use me for your Kingdom purpose today and every day.  Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Your comment will appear shortly after it is reviewed by the administrator.